Thursday, November 24, 2011

What muscles do you use in high jump?

I'm doing high jump this upcoming spring and I want to train this winter. I would like to do strength training over the winter. What are the muscles that will help me jump higher? Please be specific like calves and quads, not just legs. Also, what kind of exercises would I do to tone those muscles?|||Actually you use all of your muscles to high jump.


If you are going to lift weights then you should do a total body routine and lots of abdominal and core muscle work.


Plyometrics are good drills to work on the explosive muscular action required to jump high.


Doing extensions, curls, squats, lunges, cleans, toe raises from a seated and standing position will work the lower body, but you should always do upper as well.


If you remember you can not jump with just your legs you will be able to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment