Saturday, November 19, 2011

Does vertical jump greatly affect high jump in track and field?

This track season I'm planning on doing high jump for the first time. I've never actually done the high jump before, and I'm a newbie to field events.





However, I have a vertical jump of 35 inches, and I'm wondering that if I learned how to high jump correctly, what height would I probably reach in the high jump? Could I possibly be able to jump over 5 feet?|||I think you can clear 5 feet without any problem.


Vertical height is necessary to high jump, but just because you can jump high does not mean you can high jump.


I coached a boy who could touch the basketball rim, but could not get over a high jump bar.


You need to learn the technique,which is not that difficult, but takes coaching and talent.


You need to go out, have fun, and see what your potential is to high jump.|||yes you should be able to clear 5 feet because i have a 32 inch vertical and i tried high jump for the first time this year as well and i jumped 5 feet 6 inches and never really got the technique down. So you should be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment