Thursday, November 24, 2011

Any good high jump tips for a beginner?

So me and my track pal are doing the high jump event our first time ever during our first meet. we are both 5 ft 10 inches and i was wondering if there are any good tips. Does it matter how many strides you do before you approach the bar? And i am a righty but i belive my left leg is stronger so how should i jump off with my right or left leg?|||I am a righty and jump off of my left foot. coming from the right side and jumping off of your left food is most common, but just do whichever feels right its just a feel thing. My coach tells us to do 10 strides but every coach will tell you different. Usually the average is around 10 though. if you're coming from the right side when you run up, stand next to the mat at the point you want to jump at and take 4 normal walking steps forward(parallel to the mat). Then turn right and run for 10 steps. The point you land at should make it so you take 10 strides to reach the mat and jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment