Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I improve in high jump?

I'm a sophomore girl in high school and my best high jump is 4ft. 3in. I know that's not very good, but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions that would help me improve. I'm aiming for 4ft. 6in.|||I've got some help 4 you. When you are at practice, don't set the bar low and work your way up. You said you can only jump 4'3 set the bar at 4'5. Work on this until you clear it multiple times. Also when you are jumping pretend there is a bird in the air and you are trying to kick it. I know this sounds silly but it should increase your legs up so you don't hit the bar. And arch your back as far as you can.





*^*GOOD LUCK*^*


from 1 high jumper 2 another!!|||You left out some important facts when you asked your question.


The answer as to calf workout is very good,


BUT...........................


How much weight are you working to get into the air?


What is your weight in relation to your height?


What is you stride length?


What kind of speed do you have?


Aim higher: 5 ft


Don't set such a low goal and you will make 4.6 just by tiring to make 5.


Hard to answer your question without all the facts.|||try jumping with ankle weights. i think that bally fitness sells these.|||yeah i high jump to and I am in high school right now my highest ive jumped this year is 6'1 which is my height...lol. Height is not a matter u have a good height to jump over 5'2. what i did is practice a lot every day and working on my calf .Work on your stride it really helps you alot. get and an angle where you know you could jump it and visualize the jump before attempting it.Be sure to arch your back. When you practice try to scissor kick the lower height that you could easily clear as a sort of warm up.


well i hope u the best of luck!!!|||Do calf raises on days you are not practicing. Go on your last step in your house (inside or outside), and place one foot on the stair--but only the toes and ball of the foot. Use this "front" part of the foot to lift your entire body. Do this and your calves and achilles tendons will be stronger, which will improve your jump!|||I bet your local library has a video on high jumping or maybe you can buy one on the internet. There are so many things that go into it that it is impossible to list them all here. Some of the answerers have given you good advice so in addition to that you just need to practice with the information you get.


The answerer that cleared 6'1' is a guy and generally they will clear 12" over the girls so don't compare yourself to anyone else.


Try jumping with a bungee cord or surgical tubing (available at medical supply stores) instead of the bar at practice. Then go for those higher heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment