Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do you read the height scale on the high jump pole?

I just started track and I went to practice high jump. I noticed on the side of each pole that holds the bar that you jump over up has a scale on it. The numbers were really confusing and had stuff like 3 over FT(like a fraction). The height this interval was at was no where near 3 feet. So I am very confused. Can someone tell me how to read how high the bar is on the pole? Even my coaches didn't know.|||sometimes things are retarded. for us, when our bar is off and the poles are uneven and whatever, we use a loose hanging measuring tape and measure the height from the center of the bar to the ground. that's how you will know for sure how high the bar is. keep the measuring tape on the bar and run it from end to end, making sure that the height is correct. it gets a little annoying, but it's never wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment