Saturday, November 19, 2011

How Do I become good at long jump and high jump?

I've never done track before. This Spring, I want to do Long Jump and High Jump. what would i need to do to train for them?|||speed on the run up and then technique for the jump.





The technique takes a bit of practise but it is the speed you may need to train for the most.|||Run fast and jump|||your coach will tell u everything u need to know|||start eating frog legs..|||Hit the wieght room and start a program centerd around squats. Not only will this help you be a better athlete, but it will impress your coaches. Good luck. There's great info on jump training at http://verticalleaptraining.blogspot.com|||freshmen year of highschool i did long jump,


but i really didnt like it all that much.


but ive been triple jumping and high jumping for


3 years now. next year i hope to be really good.








first, i would advise you to get in the weight room.


do squats and lunges and other leg exercises


with at least 50lbs on your shoulders.


high jumping is very difficult, you have to be very


precise in order to be good at it, and long legs


is a real PLUS! for me, high jump takes a toll on my back with the


snapping.. but i love tripple jump. i went to CIF for it last year


along with the 100m hurdles, and 4x4 relay alternate.





hope this helped.|||I'd have a look at buying some Springbak Springsoles.





They can INSTANTLY increase your hops 2"+





Try - http://springsoles.co.uk





Thats where I got mine from myself and I must say I'm more than happy with them! I'm dunking now when I could only just get my hand above the rim before.

No comments:

Post a Comment