Saturday, November 19, 2011

How to not get psyched out for high jump?

I started high jumping for track in 7th grade (I'm in 9th grade now). I used to be really good at it. In 7th grade my PR was 4'10". At my first track meet this year I only got 4'6". This also happened at the second meet. I'm really anxious that I'm not good at it anymore, so I'm psyching myself out and I'm doing worse because of it. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to not psych myself out and jump like I used to?|||Well 1st you don't need to worry bout your PR during the trackmeet you just need to chill and have fun yet push yourself the best you can because if u do that then you gave it your all not just oh I beat my PR and don't be what my coach calls a headcase it is a person who over thinks to much about the jump and it just psyches you out even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment