Thursday, November 24, 2011

How high should I jump while shooting a basketball?

I'm a spot on shooter, but I don't jump too high when I shoot at all, maybe a few inches off of the ground, which means my shot is usually a line drive (except for my 3's) When I try jumping higher I feel I over do it and it doesn't feel natural and it makes my shot off. Should I get used to jumping higher or stick with my spot on jumper even though I don't get too high?|||just practiceee shootingg at yuur highest vertical leap andd release it at the top it wont feel natural at first but oncee you get a natural feel for it then it could work andd it can expand really your offensive shooting gamee for ex like yuu can dribble and pull up in a defenders facee and with your vertical leap he wouldnt have time to really react to it all it is is repetiotion your just use to the way you shoot just work on it|||it depends on how tall you are, the best option would be to work on your vertical jump so your max jump is higher and your regular vertical jump increases, taht way you will be able to jump higher then you can now but just as easily so you can still concentrate on your shot. if youre having trouble shooting over defenders then definitely do this.|||just stick to your shot and your normal hieght with your shot


it depends on how your shot is like look at ray allens shot he gets a lot of air when he shoots


but then look at paul pierce or some other players and they dont get as much air|||all this means is you need more arc on your shot try to shoot higher in the air it might feel weird at first but you'll get use to it and then it will be natural

No comments:

Post a Comment