Saturday, November 19, 2011

How to make your body more flexible for High Jump?

I am currently a freshman trying high jump for the first time and I have been consistently getting 5 feet 5 inches. I watch some of the older kids and I am shocked how they can bend their back around the bar. What kind of drills, exorcises, and stretches can I do to increase my flexibility and performance in high jump? Any tips would be highly appreciated.|||A gymnastics bridge would have to be the best way I know. Lay on your back on the ground, bend your knees so that they are pointing to the ceiling and your heels are touching your bum. Bend your arms so that your elbows are pointing to the ceiling and your finger tips are pointing to your shoulders. Then try and push up so your back is bent and off the ground. Search google images for a 'gymnastics bridge' to get a picture.


Stretch a little every day, eventually you'll have increased shoulder flexibility and its the best way to develop flexibility in your back and even part of your legs.


Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment