Thursday, November 24, 2011

How high do you have to jump to dunk a basketball?

I can jump high enough to hang off the rim. I wanna know how high above the rim do my fingers have to reach in order to dunk?|||Probably about 7 or 8 inches, it also depends on whether or not you can palm the ball. I can't palm a ball very well so when I used to do it I would have to go 2 handed which means you need to be able to jump higher.|||You have to get your whole hand above the rim, but that's not all. You also have to be able to control the ball to finish the dunk, you lose control of the ball but still grab onto the rim and still make the shot, it's not a dunk.





From the ages of 16-18, I was able to get my whole hand above the rim but couldn't dunk because I couldn't control the ball once I got up there. I only dunked once in my life.





I was about 5'11 at 16 and 6'1 at 18.|||depends on how tall you are. Plyometric Exersizes are the best way to jump. im 5'9 and can dunk a 10ft Rim! soo just till your wrist can pass it. and you can hold a ball.|||You will have to be able to get your entire hand above the rim before you can dunk the basketball


*Best Answer*|||At least to your wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment