Friday, December 2, 2011

In the high jump, I take off with my left foot, so what side should I approach on?

I'm a freshman who has joined the indoor track team. However, my coach has not spent a lot of time teaching me the high jump, so I'm still struggling with it. Any other advice for high jumping would be appreciated, too.|||Ouch your a lefty.. that sucks.


I'm a lefty two but I do go off my right leg and somewhat pop my back to get over the bar... if you want to go off your left side I would go off your left foot but still pop back and land on your top of your shoulders.


Good luck :]


I do jumping too!


High, long, triple, pole, and the 4X1 :]|||On the left side|||If you start with your left foot then you should approach it with your left foot.|||There are different jumps and you can take off with either leg. The Western roll, you would approach from the left, and the flop you'd come in from the right.|||You want to jump off of your outside foot. (The foot further away from the mat.) If your jumping off your left foot, which has nothing to do with what hand you are dominant with by the way, then you should be approaching from the right side of the mat.|||A majority of jumpers take off on the left foot, so you are in good company. Facing the bar, you come from the right. Your approach should be a modified "J" and about 10 steps (but whatever makes you feel more comfortable). On the bottom of the "J" is your take off point and you should have a lean away from the bar. Hope that helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment