Friday, December 2, 2011

How high do any of you English hunter/jumper riders jump?

I currently perform Hunter course with jumps set at about 2', at the highest 2'6" (but always showing at 2')... I wish so much that I could jump higher, my trainer is just, conservative, you could say, slow to move people up a level. I am just curious- How high any of you hunters or jumpers jump? And at what age did you start jumping this high?|||My horse is green and newly started over fences so we've only done up to 3ft so far. (hoping to go a lot higher)





I jumped 3ft for the first time when I was maybe 11-12 .. ?





I've jumped higher before I got my current horse but I don't really have exact heights and time frames.





But I ride large ponies right now so we don't have to show courses higher than 2'9...still the big jumps are fun.





Maybe you should talk to your trainer about this if it's bothering you.





Good luck!|||Well it was my first year of my hunter show so my first show I was jumping 2' then my other shows I was at 2'3. I was supposed to go to 2'6 in the training division but it was to hard on my horse because this girl leases him and shes jumping 2'9 so its to hard on my horse to jump 2'6 then jump 2'9. But shes gonna stop leasing him in september so Im going up to the bigger level in Trillium and im jumping 2'9-3'. I just turned 14.|||I have been taking weekly lessons as a hunter/jumper for a bit under a year and still haven't done anything more than trotting ground poles.





I am going in some W/TC classes this upcoming spring and more in the summer. I am working on mostly equitation then collection, frame and being comfy and good with the canter... I started when I was 18 and am still 18 yrs. My trainer says that I learn patterns and different things fast so I think I will be learning to jump soon!!!|||3' 6"


Ummmm well I just started that height this year sooo 15?


Im in eventing, but hey, same idea. We just have that annoying dressage portion. :P


(My horse used to do jumpers up to like 4 ft, and eventing to intermediate, but hunter? Jumping and a nice, slow steady pace dont coexist to him. :) Course, Im too chicken to jump him that high-especially show him that high- Cross country jumps hurt to hit- theyre solid and dont tip. I hit one this spring, couldnt walk for a few days, ride for a few weeks. :( Not that you care. Aw, dangit, I ranted again. Sorry.)|||On my young 4 year olds I am only doing 3ft - 3ft6 classes but on my others I ride anywhere from 3ft6 - 4ft. I have two Grand Prix horses which compete at the top heights which are generally 4ft - 5ft3.


I started jumping Grand Prix on ponies when I was 15 (4ft4). I didn't get a pony until I was 13 though. I have been riding horses at this height since I was 16.





If you think you are genuinely capable of going up - tell your trainer. It's good to be ambitious!





PS. Sorry if nobody has heard of 4ft courses or whatever - we measure the classes over here in meters so I had to convert the heights.|||I don't compete much, but when I do, I jump 2'6", sometimes 3'. In the ring, I'll jump up to 4'3", mostly 3'6" and 4'. My trainer's view on it is "to go a lot higher and more difficult than what you'll see in the show ring - that way it should be ridiculously easy!" I started jumping 3' at 13ish, and 4'+ at 15 years old, being 16 now.|||I jump about 3'6/3'7 showjumping for about 6mnths now. I don't ride in hunter disipline though. I started jumping 2ft when I was 9 1/2(after just 5 lessons in total!!! =O) And at shows it's 3'6" and under.





Charlotte x|||I don't jump competively, but I can jump 3ft+ I was training a tb to jump so I could resell him. and then the widest Ive jumped is about a 5ft ditch on a trail|||i dont compete yet because i dont have time right now and i cant find any shows but i jump 3 feet alot and 4 feet sometimes when i feel for a challenge.|||i jump 2 feet, I started about a month ago. (jumping i rode flat for about a year)|||i jump about 3'6 .........ummmmm idk i don't remember how old i was

No comments:

Post a Comment