Friday, December 2, 2011

High Jump??

Today we were doing high jump at school and people say that I jump weird. Their not being mean, but they say that I should land on my back and not with two feet on the mat. I just do a scissor kick and I take off with one foot. Am I jumping ok, or do I need to change something?? Thanks for any advice:D|||Depends on whether you are trying to high jump for competition or just having fun.


It is a natural motion to do the scissors.


Jumping by turning your back to the pit and going over the bar then landing on your back is something you have to train for to learn.


It is much more efficient and you can jump much higher.


If you are serious and want to jump higher have someone teach you, but if you are just playing around for gym class then don't worry about what anyone says, just enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment